Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sacred Places

On my journey in life, I have found many sacred places where the Gods power is so palpable that you can be reduced to tears as I become overwhelmed by such intense emotion.

A recent conversation with a kin Pagan Woman started me thinking about to where I am drawn when I experience and commune with the Gods? Not a simple question.

I have been drawn to a particular place in Kangaroo Valley in New South Wales since I was 16years old and have been regularly returning at every important junction of my life. Before and after HSC exams, before a new job or change of jobs, at the end or beginning of a relationship. I've spent many a birthday and New years at this place. I've come to this place for celebration, consolation, clarification, revelation and guidance.

This isn't the first time that I've wondered why I am drawn to this place but this blogspot has given me the chance to put my realisations down in writing.

There are many reasons I am drawn to this place in particular. At first, I went to this place without knowing why, but now as a self aware Pagan Romuvis, I totally understand.



This place is natures paradise. Animals in all forms are abundant, the diverse plant life is astounding, the river(which flows East) is wild, drinkable and sustains an amazing rainforest.As it flows from the 100 foot Waterfall,He pools in lovely swimming holes and creates lots of mini waterfalls,She then joins another river who feds the many Sheoaks carrying the thousands of Staghorn and Birds nest ferns and beautiful  tiny bush orchids. There are many special rocks, too numerous to count, from massive boulders to small fossils.
All this has brought me to a greater understanding of my Ancestors appreciation for places like this.Now where I see Rocks,Water and  Nature,I know I have found a sacred place.I believe,I can even "feel" out  these places.I still can connect with my Gods and Ancestors through the Fire Rite and I now believe that it is in these places,where I can connect with my Gods and Guides even more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment