Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Winter Solstices 2012-2013

It's been an unusual last 12 months because I am about to experience my 3rd Winter solstice in the last 12 months.For me, I associate the time between Autumn Equinox until Winter Solstice as a time of commemoration and reflection. Last year, in June, 2012, I celebrated Kucios at home. In December, 2012, I had a wonderful day in Venice, always  mindful of the auspiciousness of the day and feeling like I should be doing Kucios. I watched the Sun set on the train back to my accommodation, to the former residence of the Queen of Cyprus, in Casasavagra. Now I'm back home in Australia, I'm approaching yet another Winter Solstice. Talk about, "Pagan jet lag!", as I call it! I always try to live where I am and so was obliged to honour the customs of the land, where and when, I am. So of course, I have honoured my Ancestors many times this year. In June, I performed the Velines rites at Cooranbong Colonial Cemetery, on ANZAC day, 2012, I honoured the fallen heroes along with my ancestors and deceased loved ones, in preparation for the Kucios meal where I honour solely, my deceased loved ones and ancestors.

This year,(2013),I commemorated Velines at Jilliby cemetery, in preparation for the Kucios meal this year.
To use the Neopagan language, this is my "Year of Yule"! or my, "Yule Year"!

This year I transcended the seasons
Inspired by travel and without good reasons
I prepared my garden for a fallow Summer
no sucker from my garden, for me, this Summer!

I flew over the equator, traversed the globe
crossed many a border,
to experience yet another Winter
a cold snowy, but beautiful Winter

Journey from Australia to Lithuania,
to Bee with my kindred ancestors
to see the sights and feel my Motherland,
journey was long, much like a quest,
From west to east,
from the temples of Rome and Damanhur,
to the Rocks of Externsteine and sacred Hills of Lithuania,
to learn the ways of my blood and my earth.

After 3 months,in Europe abroad
flew back to Australia and Autumn after being so awed,
and inspired, knowing better, to what I aspire
I headed back into my 3rd Winter, in 12 months.

3 beginings, 3 new starts in Nature
3 times to dine with the Veles,
at Kucios, your flame flickers higher
I hear your voices louder,


No comments:

Post a Comment