Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bi hemisphereal Pagan


I can't help being bi hemisphereal! I am Gemini after all! lol In Baltic tradition,we observe Velines (aka Sahmain) from Autumn Equinox to Yule and again at Veliniu Velykos,(aka Ostara). All pagan celebrations are definitely seasonal and as a Pagan, I believe that to be connected with the world around us, we need to celebrate the Sventes (aka Sabbats and Esabbats) at the right time, where we are geographically.So we honour the deceased in the time of dying in nature, Autumn and again with the new life of Spring, hearkening to the belief in the new life of reincarnation, renewal and regeneration.
The thing that spins y mind is when we travel as Pagans and experience a shift in the wheel. for exaple, I'm going to Europe in December, so I will have 3 Yules in 12 months. A friend of mine is going to America to live in a couple of weeks and for her she is going from Spring Equinox to Autumn Equinox in a single day!
Surely this muck around with your inner compass? What is the groups thoughts?
I should say that my heart mind and body live here in Australia and I am so proud of everything that entails. I have had a very free life that I have been so lucky to have,being in this country! My Spirit, Soul and blood come from Lithuania(in the northern hemisphere). This is my Motherland and so dear to me that I do follow what's happening there, while living here in this place and time. Am I making sense?
So I still watch Velines celebrations in Lithuania when it is Spring here! I do feel a little torn sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment