Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Celestial contemplations" Journal extract of Kangaroo Valley camping trip 09.

I just would like to share my journal on this camping trip to Kangaroo Valley. As always, I was looking for healing and guidance after some problems at work that led me to be unfairly dismissed. I was in a dark place and just needed to come home for a while for comfort, inspiration, direction and reconnection with Gamta( Nature.). Here is day one, enjoy! 
Those coming on the April camp might get an insight of the wonders to come!

 I arrived at 11.50 on Friday night, just in time for the Witching Hour. I set up the tent with only my torch to light the way. Next was the air mattress and bed to make and everything was done. I then decided it was time to wash away the sweat and dirt after a very hot day of massaging my way around Sydney. It was a good day. 

I walked down to the River. Menulis dear brother Moon was nowhere to be seen but his Zvaigdeles Star Sisters were shining so brilliantly in the night Sky. It was such a spectacular sight to behold! I was so awestruck that I just laid down on the Rock and gazed up at the "Celestial Spectacular" and felt a real sense of connectedness with this Great Sacred and Eternal event that makes our Universe so alive with Magic and Life. I contemplated on how every other Race on Earth had seen this "Great Spectacle" and tried to make sense of it and give it their own explanations.

 Legends and Tales that are so entrenched in the Human Psyche that still remains even today in writing and Folk Traditions. The first Legend that I learnt about was the North American Indian who would believe that the Earth is covered with a blanket that had holes in it where Light from the Upper World would shine through them making all those tiny bright lights. Astrologers would determine a person’s Fate by the Stars.

 In Baltic Faith it is believed that when you are born a Star will suddenly appear. That is your Star, if it shines bright and strong then you will live long, be healthy and fortunate. Care should be taken not to point at Stars as it maybe your own Star and you could make it fall out of the Sky taking your life with it. It’s believed that when a person dies, so their star will fade. All very nice beliefs that make our World more rich, but I do like the Baltic belief also seen in Lithuanian Folk stories and songs Saule Sun Goddess and Menulis Moon God are the Mother and Father to all the Stars and Zemyna Earth Mother is also a beloved Daughter.

 Analysing this connection it can be seen that Lithuanians had an understanding that we are all Celestial Beings although the Lithuanian term Zmogus literally translates as Earthling, we could also say that they viewed Zemyna Earth as Mother also. See I don't think that being raised by several Mothers would have been unusual but it does seem to make sense having and Earth Mother and a Celestial Mother Saule Sun. It is so nice to feel connected this way and to feel part of the Universal Family of Gods and Goddesses! Wow what a beautiful idea that connects all life in the Universe as family that supports sustains and nurtures one another. Even the odd family squabble can be seen when Darna Harmony isn't present. Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanos are all ways that opposing forces need to release in order to achieve Harmony once again. As a Zmogus (Earthling) we can help Gamta Nature Goddess by not polluting Water, destroying the Forests and Her Animals, living in Harmony with each other and yourself will all help to create Darna in the Universe.

So I know I'm getting off the track but so many thoughts are inspired by this scene. I soaked in the "Great Spectacular" for some time and then rolled over, got undressed and slipped into the warm River to cleanse myself of all the crap that's been going on with work and have a wash. I got out of the river totally refreshed and started walking back to the tent when I saw a Mummy Frog with her child on her back. Driving in I saw several Frogs but didn't think much of it, but now I understand. Miraculously transformed from a Tadpole into a Frog, the World suddenly expands as no longer restricted to living in just Water can roam the land as well. The analogy is clear to me. Mother Frog showed me her protective nurturing side as she hopped away as I was chasing Her trying to take a photo. I thanked Mother Frog for her profound lesson and went to bed feeling confident that everything will be good, in fact fantastic and miraculous like the Tadpoles transformation, so will I be. So mote it be!
Stay tuned for the rest of this journal. Feel free to comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment