Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Fire Rite touched by Perkunas

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Respecting Zemyna-Goddess of Earth

I've realised that I have become quite religious as a Pagan.I have come to view all food as the bounty of the Goddess. Food is no longer merely for enjoyment and sustenance for me but a true gift of life and prosperity from the Goddess herself.

I have become a backyard farmer and try to grow as much food as I can to provide for my family. It's hard work at times but I really get a lot of enjoyment from planting and watching the vegetables growing. It's not like work at all but service to the Earth to increase her bounty for all creatures, not just my family. I am very conscious to harvest regularly so that no veges are wasted and what is eaten by the various bugs and grubs is only sharing with my world, Zemyna and her creatures. Some for them and some for me! it's a good balance,sometimes hey get more than me but I don't mind.

I work in a group home with 4 wonderful and interesting people with various disabilities. Part of my duties is to prepare meals and I am always bringing home scraps and left overs. Usually one bag with scraps for my chickens, one bag of scraps that the chickens can't eat for the compost and one bag of leftovers for my beloved dog, Kali. Nothing goes to waste and to waste anything from the Earth, whether plant or animal is an insult to the Goddess. I have profound respect for the Goddess and to waste anything of her bounty would be an insult to her and her gifts may not come so easily, if at all. Zemyna,

Goddess of Earth can be vengeful ad I wouldn't want to be on her bad side.

No comments:

Post a Comment